Bay to Breakers 2013

Bay to Breakers is an annual footrace, which occured yesterday in San Francisco! It was my first B2B experience, but it is quickly becoming my favorite SF tradition. People dress us in costumes, cheer on the real runners, and just act ridiculous.
Lucas and our friend Connor decided to run the actual race, so we began bright and early. While they headed towards the starting line, I made my way to North Beach, where I started the day off with mimosas, croissants, and lattes with my sweet friend, Tara. We sat in her living room with the windows open and enjoyed the 75 degree day.
Later that morning, we went to over to our friends' Jeff and AJ's apartment. They were hosting a little get together, so we joined for even more mimosas. Their B2B theme was gold and they all looked fabulous. :)
Next we went to Fell Street and Panhandle Park, which is near the center of the festivities. We drank red wine and Coke in the park and did some major people watching.
We ended the day with burgers and beers at Squat & Gobble, which was just about perfect. I love you, SF!

1 comments:

Naoko said...

I saw a pair of Waldos and a pair of superheroes talking about how amazing teachers are :)

I had NO idea what was going on, but it was fun to see the costumed people out having fun. Now I know what it was!