Introducing: Nicolas "Nico" James Puente


Our first family picture, which still makes me weepy whenever I see it.

This is the longest I've gone without writing a blogpost since I started this personal blog 10 (!) years ago in my college bedroom. I started writing in it to document my experiences and it still comes in handy when I want to remember a recipe or places I went while traveling. But I failed to document some of the most amazing experiences with my friends and trips of my life over the last few years: Mexico, Thailand, Italy, Tanzania, Hawaii, South Africa, and more. I've already forgotten some of the life changing things I did on those trips and I regret it. The truth is that work and life got in the way, and when I did remember, it always felt like an arbitrary time to pick it back up. And blogging is such an eyeroll inducing hobby now that it felt ridiculous to add one more amateur blog to the mix.


Nico melting my heart from Day 1.

But having a babe was the kick in the butt that I needed to return to this online journal of sorts. Not because I want to be the next mommy blogger (did I miss the boat on turning blogging into a career because that would be cool too, TBH...), but because I never want to forget these days and I want to share my experiences and learnings in motherhood with my family and friends, many of whom are far away. So I've learned my lesson, and I'll be back! xoxo

0 comments: