Recipe: Chicken Chili

And so continues my obsession with soup during the Fall! This chicken chili is hearty and comforting on cold nights (like tonight in San Francisco).

What you'll need:
-1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
-1 cup of water
-1 cup chopped onion
-2 garlic cloves, minced
-1 tsp ground coriander
-2 tsp ground cumin
-1 tsp chili powder
-1 tbsp dried oregano
-1 can of Ro-tel tomatoes
-1 can of diced tomatoes
-1 can of white beans (I like cannellini or Great Northern), undrained
-White mushrooms, sliced
-Cheese
-Sour cream

Directions:
-Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat and sauté onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes.
-Add chicken for 5-7 minutes until no longer pink.
-Add water, spices, beans, tomatoes, and mushrooms.
-Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
-Serve topped with cheese and sour cream.

I hope you enjoy!

4 comments:

Jeans and a Teacup said...

Yumm! Soup is the best in the fall!
~Jessica

Allison said...

That sounds so delicious! I'm also a huge soup person! I'm definitely going to have to try this out!
And thanks so much for stopping by my blog--I really hope that we can keep in touch!!
Allison
A's Fashion Files
Shop Kawaii Kitsch by A on Etsy!

Kate said...

uh really need to try this:)
xx Kate

http://style-department.blogspot.com

Brandi said...

Thank you for posting this! I'm going to print it out and try making it this week since it's been getting so cold.
I love your blog-it's so cute! :)