SF Cheese School

A few weeks ago, my friend Meredith and I went to cheese 101 at The Cheese School in SF. She was planning to go with her husband, Andrew, but he went to London on a last minute work trip, so I was lucky enough to tag along. :)
The school is located in between North Beach and the Wharf in SF. The space itself is super cute and welcoming -- it felt more like a dinner party at a friend's house than a class. They served us red and white wine, bread, and apples for pairing and slowly walked us through each type of cheese (it was sort of agonizing to wait to try each one, but well worth it in the end!).
The class was all about learning the basics of cheese: how it's made, how it's classified, and what to pair with each type. My personal favorites are the alpine cheeses, but I really do love them all. 
The class lasted about 2 hours in total. Being the cheese lover that I am, I had so much fun and will definitely go back. It was a super fun experience to go with a girlfriend, but it would also make an amazing date night. Thanks for taking me, Mer! xoxo

0 comments: