Best Parisian Movies

Over the last month or so, to get ourselves in the Paris spirit (it was really hard, y'all) we watched Parisian-themed movies. Here is a list of our favorites for the other Francophiles out there:
1. Before Sunset (2004) - This is part of the aforementioned series, where the two leading characters spend the film wandering the streets of Paris. It may be my favorite of the films!
2. Amelie (2001) - One of my all-time favorite movies. While in Montmarte, I had to visit the Café des Deux Moulins to see where the infamous bathroom scenes took place. :)
3. Funny Face (1957) - Who doesn't love this Audrey Hepburn + Fred Astaire musical? I love her classic style throughout the movie with a light khaki coat, moccasins, and black skinnies.
4. Julie & Julia - I'm such a sucker for  Nora Ephron anything, and this movie is no exception. I've been craving boeuf bourguignon and soup à l'oignon since landing.
5. Marie Antoinette (2006) - I admit that this movie drags on a bit, but the costumes and historical story in this Sofia Coppola movie are really lovely. A must see before a Versailles outing.
5. Midnight in Paris (2011) - In this charming Woody Allen movie, Owen Wilson is transported in time to 1920s Paris. PS - how lovely is Marion Cotillard?
6. Moulin Rouge (2001) - You can't help singing along to this movie and this movie definitely revives the imagination for Montmarte at the turn of the century. How is this movie almost 15 years old?
7. Paris je t'aime (2006) - I remember watching this movie in high school and dying to go to Paris. The movie features several different narratives all centered around the theme of Paris.

What am I missing? We don't understand enough French to appreciate French TV, so we watch NRJ non-stop. Would love to check out some other French themed movies while we're here. :)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

NRJ baybayyyyyy

Kristina Comer said...

I love all these except I haven't seen Before Sunset! Need to watch!