We made a trip to Colorado to visit my BFF, Kristina, this weekend. This was Lucas's first trip to Colorado, so we packed in as much as possible into our 3 days.
Sunset is definitely the time to fly. I even broke away from watching E! on demand for 30 whole minutes to enjoy this perfect light over the mountains.Arapahoe Basin for a day of skiing. I was by far the weakest link in the group, but it was a really pretty day, so it was fun to be outside. Lucas was excited to bust out his go pro selfie stick, so the day was wellllll documented.
In case you're planning a trip to Denver, these are the top places we ate:
- True Food Kitchen - A healthy restaurant in the cute neighborhood of Cherry Creek. The panang curry was out of this world.
- Tamayo - This is a Mexican restaurant in the cute area of Larimer Square. The margaritas and tacos were on point.
- Rosenberg's Bagels - I would like to get down on my knees and beg for this place to open up a San Francisco location. There are super long lines, but its well work the amazing bagel sandwiches that magically cured our hangovers.
- Patxi's - This is a Bay Area pizza chain, but they have a few locations in Denver as well. We ordered in deep dish and watched the Grammy's on Sunday night before jetting back home. Nothing like celebs and carbs to close out the perfect weekend!
And here were our favorite coffee spots:
- Little Owl Coffee - A super tiny coffee shop in Lower Denver (LoDo) with the prettiest latte art (priorities!).
- Crema Coffee House - A trendy spot in the River North (RiNo) district of Denver.
- Laughing Goat Coffee - Roomy coffee shop in Boulder full of students studying. Come here if you want to feel really old and enjoy a perfectly made almond milk latte.
Love and miss you already, Buddy! xo