Second-hand Finds

We spend a lot of time going to yard sales, thrift stores, and flea markets to search for furniture and goodies. As a result, we've furnished our townhouse almost entirely with second-hand furniture. Here are a few things we recently picked up.

Above is a green depression glass vase that we bought at a yard sale for $1 (the flowers are from the local farmers' market!). Below is our vintage bar cart that we picked up at the Alameda Flea Market for $20:
We found this brass piano lamp on Craiglist for $15. Today we saw a really similar one at Homegoods for $150!
 This brand new World Market basket was at Goodwill for $1. The tags were still attached. Score!
Finally, this green storage cube from Goodwill recently joined the Turner-Puente household. It's the perfect place to stash blankets and computer cords to reduce clutter.

7 comments:

jackie said...

ooh I love the green storage cube! that's a good find.

Georgina said...

Excellent finds, I love thrift stores :)
Thank you for the comment on my blog xxx

Kate Harvey said...

You and me both!! Love thrift store finds/antiques/hand-me-downs. I've become really into painting furniture lately, and discovered the most amazing way to make it look so professional and perfect! Let me know if you ever need some tips and I'll share my secrets :)

Kate
Something Ivory

GirlsAndBeyond said...

Great finds! :)

I'm now following your blog and I'd love a followback! <3

Diana Mieczan said...

What a fantastic finds and that bar cart is perfect! Happy Monday, sweetie.

Meg said...

Ooh, I love this! Thrift store finds/garage sales are THE BEST. Love how you decorate, too! :)

http://lifeatruestory4.blogspot.com/

DAILY DISGUISE said...

great finds! everything looks a little better with some love :)

thanks for your lovely comment on my blog too! i'm your newest follower on gfc! feel free to visit my blog and follow me too? :)

www.dailydisguise.com